In connection with the Frömel exhibition, IMMA has produced a number of informative and supplementary publications, from the exhibition guide overview to the in-depth essays found in the Frömel catalogue. Browse below to view some of these publications.
- The Exhibition Guide (.pdf) helps direct visitors through the exhibition and Frömel’s career, starting with her early work in the mid-1950s and continuing through her final pieces in 1975. The guide also offers contextual information for the various exhibition rooms and information about IMMA’s talks and lectures related to Frömel.
- Read the official press release for Gerda Frömel: A Retrospective, which highlights the importance of this first contemporary survey of Frömel’s work.
- Included as part of the exhibition catalogue, curator Seán Kissane’s in-depth overview of Frömel’s life and her work provides an intimate look at this exceptionally talented artist and her career. (The full catalogue, with additional essays from Riann Coulter, Jason Ellis and Sarah Kelleher can be purchased from the IMMA Shop online.)
- On 3 April, John Kelly, host of RTE’s The Works, visited IMMA to talk with curator Seán Kissane about Gerda Frömel, her work and the exhibition. The video (which starts at about 0:00:25 and runs until 0:07:00) can be viewed on RTE’s Player.
- IMMA hosted a series of talks and lectures focusing on Gerda Frömel, and sculpture in general. Select IMMA lectures are available for free listening on SoundCloud.